This recipe infuses the shrimp with a rich flavors of coconut and curry. It can be served with a side of cauliflower rice or by itself. The spices of the recipe combine to give a unique flavor that everyone will love.
Coconut Curry Shrimp
- 1 lb. Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 cup Diced onions
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Coconut paste
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp White pepper
- Salt to taste
- Discard the tail and head of the shrimp. Devein the shrimp.
- In a large pan add the oil and fry the shrimp for 2 minute on each side and until thoroughly cooked. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion into the same pan and cook until caramelized.
- Add the coconut flour, coconut paste, bay leaf, paprika, salt, white pepper, cinnamon stick and turmeric.
- Add half the coconut milk and cover with lid.
- Cook for 2 minutes and add the remaining milk.
- Let it come to boil and add the shrimp.
- Cook for 5 more minutes and serve hot.