Grilled eggplant is a healthy meal that requires very little preparation. Make sure you don’t pick an eggplant that is too large as they tend to be less tender than small eggplant. Don’t overcook the eggplant as this will cause it to become too stiff.
- 2 eggplants
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Ted chili powder
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Fresh herbs of your choice for decoration
- Cut the stem off the eggplants. Cut it into thick slices.
- Use a sharp knife to cut few slits on each side.
- Combine the olive oil, turmeric, red chili powder, coriander, cumin and salt in a bowl.
- Marinate the eggplants in the mixture for about 1 hour.
- Grill the eggplant for about 3 minutes on each side. Eggplant should become soft but not overcooked.
- Serve with fresh herbs on top.